I got a great workout in this afternoon! I went to the gym around noon as planned and took my first ever gym selfie because there was no one else in the gym and I don’t have a lot of pictures of myself on the blog.
For my workout, I ran/walked 2.5 miles on the treadmill. I picked the Trinity Mountain Run so I could pretend I was running through the mountains of California!
I had planned to do 10 minutes of the Stairmaster after my run, but I think the machine is broken. The stairs were super loose and I couldn’t even get to the top of the machine without them completely falling down.
I decided to go home and do an arm workout instead, which was the Blogilates Victoria’s Secret Angel Arm Slimming Workout. I used 5lb dumbbells but I’m still too weak to do sitting shoulder presses with weights 😳 . Oh well, I keep trying!
I want to share some of my favorite workout songs because for me, good music is essential for a good workout, especially running!
My favorite workout songs:
- Tonight, tonight- Hot Chelle Rae
- Back in Time- Pitbull
- Classic- MTKO
- When the World Ends- Dave Matthews Band
- This is How We Roll- Florida Georgia Line featuring Jason Derulo
- This Town- OAR
- Whose Chariot- OAR (34th and 8th version)
- White Walls- Macklemore and Ryan Lewis
- Learn to Fly- Foo Fighters
- Carry On- Fun
- Bang Bang- Jessie J, Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj
- All About That Bass- Meghan Trainor
- Hanginaround- Counting Crows
- Maps- Maroon 5
- Sky Full of Stars- Coldplay
- Animals- Maroon 5
- In Bloom- Nirvana
- Fool In The Rain- OAR
- Timber- Pitbull featuring Ke$ha
- Invincible- OK Go
- Times Like These- Foo Fighters
- Can’t Stop- Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Eh-Hee- Dave Matthews Band (Live at Comcast Center)
After my workout, I made myself a big salad and peanut butter toast for lunch. I briefly considered a smoothie but decided it was too much work 😳 .
My salad was the usual ingredients of green leaf lettuce, avocado, tomato, garbanzo beans, and cheese. I know my salad lunch gets boring to read/look at after a while, but I really truly just love salad (although the fact that it’s nutritious and low-calorie doesn’t hurt either!).
Since my lunch had fatty avocado and peanut butter, I figured it would be a good time to take my fatty fish oil and vitamin D. Fatty vitamins like to stick together :p
procrastinate a little while longer clean the apartment before I force myself to study. Humph. I can’t wait to be done with grad school. Just a few more months!
What are some of your favorite workout songs?