When I get home from class at 7:00pm, the last thing I want to do is cook dinner. I’m exhausted, hungry, and ready to relax. For nights you don’t feel like cooking, there is more than just TV dinners!
Here is a list of some quick and easy (and healthy!) dinners for when you’re short on time or don’t feel like cooking:
- Veggie burger with carrot sticks- microwave veggie burger as instructed and top with lettuce, tomato, cheese, and desired condiments!
- “Stuffed” baked sweet potato– poke holes in sweet potato and microwave using “potato” button. Stuff with black beans, cheese, and plain Greek yogurt
- Breakfast for dinner– oatmeal with peanut butter, scrambled eggs with cheese and whole wheat toast, or toasted frozen waffles with vanilla yogurt and fruit
- Soup and salad– use vegetable broth soups over creamy for less calories and fat! In the salad, throw together lettuce, tomato, a protein (hard boiled egg, grilled chicken, deli turkey slices, garbanzo beans), and cheese.
- “Grown up” PB&J– use honey and banana instead of jelly for a peanut butter, honey, and banana sandwich! Cook in a skillet if desired and serve with yogurt
- Hummus plate– serve 1/4 cup hummus with assorted veggies such as broccoli, baby carrots, and cherry tomatoes, and a slice of deli cheese
- Pizza roll ups– heat up a whole wheat tortilla with marinara sauce and cheese for 1.5 minus. Serve with veggie sticks and low-fat ranch dressing
My “quick and easy” dinner tonight was a classic soup and salad! I microwaved some leftover Progresso Heart Healthy minestrone soup and threw together a salad with lettuce, tomato, garbanzo beans, cheese, avocado, and whole wheat croutons.
I also snuck in a glass of Moscato because class had me pretty beat 😉
I’m off to spend the rest of the evening relaxing!
What are some of your favorite “quick and easy” dinners?